Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Pizza Making Field Trip

Magnus' school organized a pizza making field trip today; a parent-child event!  We went to a local Pizza restaurant and they gave each child a little pan of pizza dough, some tomato sauce, and a bunch of toppings.  Most of Magnus' classmates went, and there was a lot more crying than I expected, but thankfully nooooo crying from Magnus!

(Just to let you know, yesterday Magnus asked me to take him to Ms. Alison and for me to go to work.  Sweet, sweet, victory.  If only the school was open, I would haven taken him there in a heartbeat hehehe)

Here are a couple of pictures of the day.  If you are interested (and I know Grandma is), I've posted all 85 pictures in my picasa album.

Getting ready to catch a cab - it's humid!!

Arrival at "The Walk" at JBR:

"Sigh, can we go now?"

Relaxing on the balcony at the Pizza Restaurant:

Chef Magnus:

Don't let my t-shirt fool you, I run a clean kitchen!

No matter how many times I tried to lift up his hat, he kept squashing it on down further on his head...

Protection from tomato saucing

I though this was for us, but actually it wasn't:

Magnus watches his classmate have a go at the dough:

Magnus and Mommy spread out the dough together:

Ready for the oven with all of Magnus' favourite toppings: mushrooms, ham, and cheese

A little ham snuck in on the side:

Cooking team

Ta-da!  But Magnus is more interested in his cars:


Being a bit of a jerk:

Sloppy form with the pencil crayon:


Still more interested in cars than his pizza:

In fact, Magnus ate very little of his pizza.  And to top it off, when we got home, he declared, "it's time for lunch!".

His dad and the housekeeper ate the remaining two slices, and they both liked it.  Which just goes to show how ridiculously simple it is to make pizza. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment