Sunday, January 13, 2013

What Magnus Said...




Mama's boy:
Magnus: Mommy, you're my big big girl

Misheard:
Magnus: Mommy there's a body on that boat!
Gina: Ummm.. what's it doing?
Magnus: Singing!
Gina: Oh yes, the birdie is singing...

Horsing around with Daddy:
Kendrick: I like… carrots
Magnus: Me too..
Kendrick: I like… broccoli..
Magnus: Me too..
Kendrick: I like.. bacon…
Magnus: Me too..
Kendrick: I like.. Maya
Magnus: <shakes head>
Kendrick: No?  You don't like Maya?
Magnus: No, Maya is not yummy!
Kendrick: I like… green peas..
Magnus: Not me…
Kendrick: I like… french fries
Magnus: Me too…

etc, etc…

Magnus: Now say celery!
I like… celery
Magnus: Not me…

Tit for Tat:
Vanessa: MAGNUS, what's going on?
Vanessa: MAGNUS, what's going on?
Magnus: Stop saying that! 
Vanessa: Stop saying that!
Magnus: VANESSA, what's going on?

Trying to get Magnus to sleep but then...
Gina: Uh-oh, Maya is crying!
Magnus: <gently> Mommy.. let her cry…

What else would he have to pick up?
Kendrick: I have to go pick up my suit tonight
Magnus: Mommy, Daddy has to pick up his soup!

Kendrick takes Magnus to the potty:
Kendrick: Is it pee or poo?
Magnus: Pee and poo!  I'm holding my bum and my weewee!

Wearing his new Timex watch:
Gina: It's time to wash hands!
Magnus: Mommy I can only wash one hand.

Positive reinforcement (because he wants to press G and B1 on the elevator and he can't reach anything else):
Magnus: Mommy, I like it when you press number 2!

Fun with me:
Kendrick: Magnus, do you want to do something fun with Daddy?
Magnus: No….
Kendrick: Really?  You don't want to go to the balloon store?
Magnus: Oh!!!   <scrambles to his feet> Come with ME!!!
Kendrick: You mean come with me, right?

Predator and prey:
Kendrick: <munching sounds>
Magnus: No Daddy, I'm not delicious, I smell delicious!

Truly excited to share:
Magnus: Mommy come and see what I made!!
Gina: What did you make?
Magnus: A big MESS!

Snarky:
Gina: OK Magnus, five minutes is up, let's go brush your teeth.
Magnus: No Mommy, five minutes is down!

Surprisingly not snarky in the delivery:
Gina: Eat your spoon!
Magnus: Mommy, did you mean spoonful?

Brain fart:
Kendrick: Apple pie with ice cream is also called Apple….
Magnus: Jumeirah?

It's amazing he never complained:
Gina: Don't fall into the potty, ok?
Magnus: Yeah, I will flush away.

Pattern recognition:
Gina: Good night Magnus <last name>
Magnus: Good night Mommy <maiden name>

Pop culture influences:
Gina: (to Kendrick) Is <your coworker> Korean?
Magnus: Korean I dunno!
Gina: Magnus… who says that? 
Magnus: Oppie Ganna Star!

Our housekeeper was cooking dinner:
Magnus: Mommy, my nose smells like fish!!

1 comment: