Thursday, January 24, 2013

Magnus at the Skate Park

This week, Magnus has decided to call me, "Mom" as often as possible.  In particular, he likes to use it to get my attention, and unfortunately it's working.  When I asked him, "who says that?" (i.e. who taught him to say that) he told me that I was the one who says it.  To whom?  Why Po-po of course.  Hmmmm….

Speaking of growing up, I took Magnus to the skate park yesterday.  There is hardly anything less exciting to Magnus than doing stuff with his scooter.  After reading a recent local magazine, I discovered that a skate park was erected less than 15 minutes away from us.  It was designed for older kids and even adults, but I thought that Magnus might appreciate a dedicated space for rolling up and down ramps.  Was I right, or was I right?  He is so excited about the "Scooter Park" that he is even willing to patiently put on his shoes (he usually prefers his crocs) and all the required safety equipment.  

When he went with his Daddy on the weekend, it was quite crowded, so I took him there yesterday before school was out so that he could have the place to himself.  He did have to share with one 15-year old (who was home-schooled) but that made the experience all the more fun.







No comments:

Post a Comment