Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Recently Heard..

Magnus is chattering so much these days that he invariably gives us verbal gems.  I've forgotten so many already but here are a few I can remember off the top of my head:

Attempting to teach Magnus to count beyond twenty:
Magnus:  Twenty eight, twenty nine, twenty ten!

On the elevator at the Dubai Mall:
Gina: We're going to level 2
Magnus: Actually we're going to G
Gina: No, actually, we're going to level 2, PLEASE DON'T PRESS THE 'G' BUTTON!

Struggling with pronunciation of his own name:
Kendrick: Hi Maggit!
Magnus: It not Maggit,  It Magis!
Kendrick: Hi Maaaagnooooooosh!
Magnus: It not Maaaaagnooooosh, it Magis!

Magnus spies snow peas on the dining table:
Magnus: It's magic!  (he is referring to the magic beans in the jack and the beanstalk episode of Max & Ruby)


Struggling with grammar:
Magnus: He running!
Gina: I'm running.
Magnus: I'm running!

Imitating TV (Caillou):
Magnus: Where <item he is searching for>?  Nope!  Not it.  Nope! Not it.  Wait a minute, I think I see it!

Making obscure references:
Magnus: The spoon is easy but the fork is really harder

Exhibiting a flair for connecting concepts:
Gina: He doesn't like that piece because it has ginger on it, it's probably too spicy
Magnus: Maybe Magis can have some ginger ale!

1 comment:

  1. Oh ,cant believe he is so talkative now,but an intelligent talkative guy ,haha!
    Did he ever tried ginger ale before?i found he remember things vividly!
    I believe he will be ok for sure next week for the actual class.
    counting twenty to twenty ten,I remember my kids saying 2 ten,and 11 as ten1,kids!!!
    keep writing Mommy of M&M,we enjoyed it so much!!!

    ReplyDelete