Monday, March 5, 2012

Magnus Learns More About His Sister

Magnus' world is about to change forever when his little sister arrives.  We've talked to him about it gradually and he understands a few things already, such as:

  • The baby will sleep in Magnus' old bed, and Magnus will sleep in Magnus' bed.
  • The baby will be smaaall
  • Mommy has to go to the hospital so the doctor will help the baby come out of Mommy's tummy (although he insists he wants to be at the hospital to do this, not the doctor)
  • The baby's name is <          >

Earlier today he was running back and forth and wanted me to participate, when Kendrick told him that Mommy was too tired because she has to carry the baby.   He then insisted on carrying the baby, which to him meant putting his hands on my tummy.  At that moment the baby decided to kick and he evidently enjoyed feeling that because he left his hands on my tummy for quite some time.  I then suggested that he kiss the baby and he gave my belly a really loud smack - something he almost never does with real people!

I've also been watching an episode of Caillou with him that describes almost exactly his situation, where his mommy goes to the hospital and comes home with a baby sister.

I think I'm going to miss my extensive one-on-one time with Magnus.  Today we had a nice outing at the nearby parkette.



Nevertheless, we are all excited about our growing family.  Are you ready, Kendrick asked me in the car today.  No!  I exclaimed.  Me neither!  was his reply. 

1 comment: