Thursday, March 1, 2012

A Cold Dubai Winter

Kendrick told me yesterday that the wonderful weather we've been having lately (mid 20s during the day, high teens at night) is not typical at this time of year.  It is normally hotter, he reported, wiggling his eyebrows.

It's makes me sorry that Magnus and I missed so many good weather days in January and February, but we're going to try to take advantage of whatever we get from here on in!

Yesterday we went downstairs to our swimming pool - only the second time I've gone there with Magnus.  I relaxed by the pool while Magnus played with some makeshift side-of-the-pool toys with the help of our new housekeeper.  There is a small, circular wading pool next to the pool and I've restricted him to playing there only.

Makeshift, you say?  We brought some plastic coloured balls and he threw all but the green one into the pool.  I found a long floppy blue stick in the storage room (swiped from an infant mobile contraption) and he uses it to noodle the balls around the pool.  He also had a little spray bottle we bought from the grocery store.  And yes, I finally sprung for a bona fide sand bucket that very morning, complete with little green shovel, rake, and plastic orange watering can.

Here he is enjoying himself on a beautiful day, getting himself and everything around him mildly wet and dirty.





Ack, when will the bowl cut grow out?????

1 comment: