Thursday, March 7, 2013

What Magnus Said


We've been pushing Magnus to share a lot this month, and he will often invoke the word "share" for his own devices:

Magnus: Maya, you have to share, or else you will lose friends!!
Magnus: Alexander, it's called sharing!  It's called SHARING!



With a little help, starting to spell
Gina: Magnus, how do you spell "soon"?
Magnus: <sounding out> s… uh… oo… oo… ss… o… ooo…
Magnus: 'S' 'O' 'O'
Magnus: <pause>
Magnus: Mom, what was the word again?
Gina: "Soon"
Magnus: 'N'!!!


Going to a new shopping mall:
Gina: We are going to the Gold and Diamond Park today
Magnus: Do they have gold coins?  Mom, do they have golden coins?
Gina: No they don't, sorry Magnus
Magnus: Do they have chocolate coins?

Teaching mum:
Magnus: Mom, I'm sighing, do you know what that means?
Gina: What does it mean Magnus?
Magnus: It means I'm tiiired.

Magnus loves sharing his phonics lessons from school:
Magnus: Ch says "ch!" as in January!
Magnus: TRAINS GO CHUGGING UP THE HILL!  CH-CH-CH!  CH-CH-CH!


Stubbornly anti-social
Magnus: I don't want <a> and <b> to come visit.  It's NEVER going to be fun.
Gina: You had fun with them in Toronto, it'll be fun when they come to Dubai!
Magnus: NO WAY!

Magnus has many sad moments
Magnus: That makes me sad
Gina: So many things make you sad
Magnus: Yes, all the things that you do

Reading a title from his Dad's bookshelf
Magnus: U-2 that spells youtube!!

Clueing in on the five minute rule:
Gina: Magnus, would you like to brush your teeth now or play for 5 more minutes?
Magnus: No, I want to play five 5 minutes!
Gina: How much is that?
Magnus: A long, long, time!
(in the end we agreed on two 5 minutes, which Magnus understood to be 10 minutes)

When we scold:
Gina: Magnus, don't ride your bicycle near Maya again!
Kendrick: Magnus, if you don't listen to Mommy, I will take your bike away!
Magnus: <scrunches up face, sits down dejectedly, talks in a low voice> Dad always takes things away
Gina: No, it's not just Daddy, I will take your bicycle away if you ride it near Maya  <long explanation ensues>

Cheerfully defiant:
Kendrick: You know what would be really nice, Magnus?  Some peace and quiet!
Magnus: No, peace and LOUD!

Your dad, actually:
Gina: <Housekeeper> is from the philippines, did you know that?
Magnus: Oh! who else is from two Ps mom?

Sad and grammatically stagnant
Magnus: You see, I always be sad when I cry mom.
Gina: "I am always sad when I cry"
Magnus: No, I don't want to say it that way!

If I am even slightly distracted:
Magnus: Mom, I don't like it when you say mm-hmm!

Bedtime story:
Gina: "… And a helicopter just for me!"
Magnus: No, "just for me!"
Gina: <pause>  That what I said, "just for me"
Magnus: No, "just for me!"
Gina: You mean, "just for you?"
Magnus: Yeah!

1 comment:

  1. HaHAHA! I can imagine his face when he commented! What a smart boy!! And with his good looks,its even cuter!!!!
    And soon the title will be WHAT MAGNUS AND MAYA SAID!!!!

    ReplyDelete