Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Maya Superstar!

Maya has changed so much in the past month it is incredible to watch.  She went from a cute fat blob to a rolling, skootching, crawling, yoga master!  (It's true, she does a better "Downward Dog" than Kendrick.)

Here are a few videos of her recent developments.


1. Solids - these days the easiest way to calm Maya down is to shove a mum-mum in her hand.  She wolfs it down in 2 minutes!  She loves water and soup and she is game when it comes to fruits, vegetables, and even some of my mom's pureed chicken.  Peas were a challenge though:


2. Sitting up - She's been working hard on sitting up, and she is so good at it that she's already working on the next step: flying.


3. Humour - Maya's eyes are forever twinkling with amusement.  She is such a fun baby and very easy to entertain.  She even likes Madonna, with a Magnus twist:

4. Sign Language - My mom tried to tell me she was waving goodbye at 7 months but I simply did not believe her.  Until one day, I randomly said something that sounded like bye-bye and my little baby daughter turned around, looked me in the eye, and waved bye-bye.  I grabbed my camera and got her to do it again:

5. Crawling - she was really motivated to hit this purple bird.  This is one of the first examples of forward motion from Maya:

6. Yoga - sadly no videos or pictures on my devices, although I think Kendrick might have some.  From sitting position, Maya can prop herself up on her arms and straighten her legs, just like the downward dog pose.  Maybe she is trying to work off all that baby fat?





 

No comments:

Post a Comment