Friday, October 5, 2012

Happy 35th Birthday Kendrick!

When I first met Kendrick 11 years ago, he wanted very badly to retire by the age of 35.  Based on his tastes back then, he might have imagined post-retirement to involve listening to U2 all day, ordering some pizza and wings for dinner, then washing it down with a few stingers.  It was around this time in our newly blossoming relationship that he showed me his five year plan.  It had a lot of career aspirations, maybe an MBA, perhaps something about a car.  What I remember most clearly is turning to him and saying with a grin, "that's funny - my five year plan has a baby in it!".  Well it was the truth - I simply had not made a five year plan until the moment I saw his plan.  Composing my plan on the spot, I felt I needed only one item on it. :D

Today Kendrick hits 35 years old, and I wanted to remind him of his very best accomplishments to date.  And yes, his accomplishments miss him and love him very much.  Happy birthday sweetie!

 
Magnus picked a birthday balloon for his Daddy.  Co-ordinating the Pre-schooler, Baby, and Balloon proved to be too ambitious.  Here are the outtakes.  You can see me in the balloon in the last shot!





Magnus picked a cupcake for his Daddy's birthday.  He also picked the pink candle and squashed it all the way in by himself.  I had to pull it out a tad.


These videos speak for themselves!
 

Here's the piece we left for you, Kendrick.  Enjoy!!!

 

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Kendrick,I agreed with Gina,your best accomplishment,your 2 adorable kids,priceless!!!!

    ReplyDelete