Friday, September 7, 2012

What Magnus Said...

Quotes from this summer.  Magnus still tells people he is 2.5 years old, but I'm teaching him to say, "almost 3".


Magnus gets frustrated when sitting on a chair:
Magnus: Mommy I need help!
Gina: with what?
Magnus:I can't touch the ground
Gina: you want to touch the ground with your feet?
Magnus: yeah!
Gina: sweetie you can't because you're too short!
 
 
He sees Maya:
Gina: Does maya look like mommy or daddy?
Magnus: Like maya!
 
 
You just won't let me forget, will you Magnus?
Magnus: Mooommy I found the chicken store, with my new red car! <red is parked on one of the mats>
Gina: Good job, Magnus! Mommy had trouble finding the chicken store, right?
Magnus: Yeah, and Mommy got lost and had to make a u turn!
 
 
During one of Popo's chain sneezes:
Popo: achoo!
Magnus: popo say excuse me!
Popo: achoo! achoo! achoo!
Magnus: say excuse me! say excuse me! say excuse me!
Popo: AI-YA! Excuse me!
 
 
Hwan is apparently dating a suitcase:
Gina: We're going to have dinner with Uncle Reg, Auntie Elena, Uncle hwan, and Uncle hwan's... <hesitates..>
Magnus: suitcase!
(Magnus has fond memories of Hwan's suitcase from our Maui trip)
 
 
Often heard while Gina is driving:
Magnus: Two hands on the wheel please mommy!
 
 
Pointing up at the night sky:
Magnus: Look Mommy, it's a circle moon!
 
 
Gong gong fishes for compliments, but then...
Gong gong: Magnus, who do you love?
Magnus: I don't love anybody!
 
 
Stubborn pupil:
Gina: What are you eating Magnus?
Magnus: A Clemen-TEEN
Gina: Actually, you are eating a clemen-TINE, and Auntie Clemmie's name is Clemen-TEEN
Magnus: No, I am eating a Clemen-TEEN
(repeat)
 
 
Correction:
Goldie: Magnus, are you coming to visit me in Boilington?
Magnus: It not Boilington, it Bur-ying-ton!!
 
 
Just not ready to tackle that slide:
Gina: Magnus, are you going to slide down the big round slide today? You're a big boy now, you can do it!
Magnus: No Mommy, I'm just a medium big boy, I am not a SUPER big boy
 
Here he is at the top of the slide which he never slid down:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment