Monday, September 24, 2012

Bruising, Wheezing, Cruising!

Magnus fell in the sandpit area at school on Thursday morning and hit his front tooth.  Although he was in pain, and there was a bit of bleeding, the very nice dentist told us that it is most likely a bruise.  We'll be checking up with her in a couple of weeks.  It  is now Sunday and his tooth and gum looks fairly normal, so I am pretty confident that he is fine.  Would losing a tooth disqualify him for the role of ring bearer?  It might hamper his bagpipe playing, that's for sure. :)

At the same time, Magnus has been fighting a virus which started as a stuffy nose, developed into a cough, which then became quite a bad cough, and culminated in wheezing.  Having learned from experience, and having been coached by Auntie Clemmie on the stethoscope, I've been keeping up with all these developments.  Currently, his wheezing is under control and subsiding (phew!).  In fact he was out today with his aunts and uncle, scootering around and climbing up and down the playground.  It's been a rather rough week however.  If I were to choose a highlight reel, I think it would be last night when I was alone in the house (my parents were at a wedding).  I was putting the two kids to bed; trying to keep Magnus from taking off his clothes and putting lotion on himself in the dark; and trying to get Maya (who has a cold) to fall asleep.  My brother had left for the evening, or so I thought, sinced he waved goodbye to me from the hallway.  However, during a particularly trying moment with Maya, I suddenly realized somebody was actually in the house and coming up the stairs!  I was right next the stairs because Maya likes the noise of the bathroom fan and when I actually saw that there was someone at the top of the stairs I screamed in fright, scaring the daylights out of Maggie who had been there the whole time and was coming up to see if I needed any help.  Er.. sorry Maggie!

Finally, to reward ourselves a little for the tough week we had, I did a little shopping spree at Toys R Us.  Magnus instantly fell in love with a toy taxi cab, which was a returned item and damaged.  The only thing left in the store was a pink car and a truck.  At first Magnus wanted the pink car (because I thought that was all that was left in stock so I made him think it was his only choice), but the warehouse guy helped him change his mind by telling him, "you want this one, man!"


And boy, was he ever right:




Last night, Magnus was bouncing off the walls while waiting and watching uncle Jenning build his toy truck.  Today, he spent most of the morning in the truck making "deliveries" and giving his sister a lift in the trunk.  Popo tried to impose a media ban on those pictures because of Maya's pajamas, but they were simply too cute to keep under wraps:


 

1 comment:

  1. So what happen to the tooth? And Maya? So cute ,no body will knew she is in her pyjamas!
    And the naughty guy,he seems so happy!!Whew!!
    Good job Gina!!!

    ReplyDelete