Friday, September 28, 2012

Community

Magnus and I walk daily through the park to go to his preschool.  On sunny afternoons, I might take Magnus and Maya to one of the three local playgrounds.  On one of these outings we stopped to watch a local baseball game while Maya snoozed.  A few days ago I walked with Magnus to the library for a story telling and activity session.  A couple days later we bumped into the story telling girl at the mall.  We went back to the library yesterday afternoon and spoke briefly with an 11 year old boy we had met at one of the playgrounds.  (He was the one Uncle Reg quizzed about the social dynamics of his little group of friends).  We also took the opportunity to say hello to great aunt shirley, who was finishing up a class at the community meeting room next to the library.  Earlier in the summer, when the sun would set late, we would sometimes walk through the park to the supermarket after dinner and meet up with great aunt shirley for some late evening shopping. 

Magnus at his cubby hole at school:

Magnus' work on display:

Maya trying on the new outfit from the mall:

Accessorizing with a souvenir from the Calgary Zoo.  The straps, by the way, are too short!!
 

1 comment:

  1. I dont know if its just me,but I love all the pictures you posted!!! Cute ,cute! And Magnus' art ,its quite nice ,I should say!!

    ReplyDelete