Friday, July 13, 2012

2 Kids in Toronto

Thank goodness for Grandma, otherwise the 14 hour flight from Dubai to Toronto would have been a nightmare.  It did get quite stressful at baggage claims, however, as Emirates managed to leave one of my suitcases behind and did not even seem to have a record of said lugguage.  After much searching, they found the darn thing, and it is currently on the next plane to Toronto from Dubai.  Magnus stuck to me like glue throughout the whole ordeal, so 2 days later, he is still telling people about the uncle who "yost" Mommy's suitcase.

Jet lag recovery has been challenging but manageable thus far.  Magnus has had 2 potty accidents, but all of them happened in front of the potty.  The first one was with me, as he was refusing the strange potty.  The second one happened while I was sleeping, but the story I heard was that Gong gong at first couldn't understand his request for a potty, and then carried him up 2 flights, and then tried to make him "pee like Daddy" when he wanted to "pee like Mommy", and by that time, it was too late.  It wasn't too hard to clean up, although when Po po went to get him a pair of clean briefs from the suitcase, he rejected them, declaring, "that Maya's!!". 

Maya has suddenly developed separation anxiety (isn't it a little early??) but when she is in a good mood she consents to being held by Gong gong and Po po. 

Yesterday we had dimsum with my grandmother, who was delighted to meet her 9th great grandchild.  Right now, Magnus is out in the backyard playing with a sand and water table.  He's been rediscovering all the old toys here, enjoying some of the new ones, and spending lots of time hanging out with Gong gong.  Maya is sleeping, and I should be too.  Looking forward to seeing more Canadian friends and family as we get over the jet lag!

I haven't picked up a camera in days, so I'll leave you with the three studio pictures Kendrick and I additionally ordered. 



1 comment:

  1. Magnus is not only very photogenic,but he really makes people like to see his photos over and over and over again!!
    I hope this is not because this is the grandma commenting!!!!!LOL!!!!!

    ReplyDelete